Siam Ocean World Bangkok

In the previous post on Madame Tussauds Bangkok, I’ve mention that there is a combination ticket available for Madame Tussauds and Sealife Ocean World. If you purchase the combination ticket, it only cost 1360baht for both places. For more information on the tickets, go to http://www.sealifebangkok.com/en/tickets/package/?p=th&gp=4486


After visiting Madame Tussauds, I took a stroll from Siam Discovery to Siam Paragon for my next visit.... the Sealife Ocean World, which is about 1km from Madame Tussauds. The Sealife Ocean World (SOW) is a habitat of thousands over sea creatures from around the world. The SOW is more than an underwater aquarium. There are line up of activities for visitors such as Ocean Walker, 4D Cinema and Feeding session.



If you think, this is just another underwater aquarium experience which you can get anywhere around the world, you are probably right. Those who are not a fan of sea creatures and did not enjoy underwater aquarium experience, you can cross this out of your itinerary.


As for myself, I really love sea creatures, so my opinion on SOW may be biased. I enjoy reading the description of the animals and taking my time to watch them. A day at SOW is not enough for me to fully enjoy the experience.




What awed me the most was the manmade river which imitates the typical Thailand river market scene.



The SOW is located inside the Siam Paragon Mall. It is family-friendly place that is suitable for all ages, especially for kids. Education tour also available for kids, do check with the counter. My advice is to have a full meal before going to SOW. This is because the ticket is per admittance (unless you purchase the annual entry ticket). There is no food available inside and food is not allowed to be brought into the aquarium. Do allocate about 2 hours for you to explore the entire SOW.




Share:

0 comments