Hotel Review: Hermes Hotel Athens


What do you look for in a hotel when you travel? Some people enjoys five-star hotel for its comfort and some people look for strategic location. Everyone has their own preference when it comes to choosing their hotels. Whatever choice and reasons are, the Hermes Hotel has the best of all the accommodation types.

It is clean, cozy and equipped with modern toilet like a five start hotel. It is also communal like a backpackers. At the same time, the great hospitality makes you feel like you're in a homestay. For these reasons, I would recommend Hermes Hotel for your stay at Athens. 

Situated at Plaka, the Hermes Hotel is in the centre of tourist attractions in Athens. The Roman StreetAcropolis and Temple of Olympian Zeus are within walking distance from the hotel. It is very convenient in terms of location.

The room

There are many choices of rooms. Since it was a quick two-nights stay, I opt for the twin room. Although not spacious, the room has everything we need. The bed and furniture are clean thoroughly. The bathroom is newly renovated with modern furnishing. Fresh towels and basic toiletries are provided. Wifi is accessible in the room as well. In terms of the comfort level of the room, I believe it is on par with any 5-star hotel.

















The facilities

The lobby is basically a huge common area where you can find guests hanging out on the living area, pantry and library. I find this place somewhat similar to backpackers. It is very communal. I had the opportunity to chat with a few girls from Spain and Hong Kong who are guests of the hotel as well. There is a notice board displaying all the information you need such as the coach timing, nearby places of interests, transportation schedule and other important travelers info. 




The hospitality

Staying at Hermes Hotel also gives me a feeling of homestay. The hospitality is top notch. You are assured to have a smooth transaction during check-in. It took me less than 15 minutes to get my room done. The next day, I had the breakfast at the restaurant. There is a section of local food. As a foreigner, I really appreciate this gesture. It allows me to sample variety of local food without having to order a large meal. As I was having my breakfast, I was greeted by the hotel manager. She patiently walk to every table and ask the guests if their stay was OK. She brought along a city map and guide me where to go and which is the shortest road to walk to Acropolis. Small thought like this makes a great experience staying here. 



Although the hotel is recognized as a 3-star hotel, the entire experience was way beyond the star rating standard. I really does feel like a homestay where all my traveling needs are taken care of from the moment I step into the hotel until the last minute of my departure. It is great value for money too - approximately 80 euros per night depending on the period of stay and choice of room.

Share:

0 comments