Rock Sight Seeing at Yehliu Geopark


Yehliu Geopark is one of the wonders in the world. Although it has yet to gain recognition as the Giza Pyramid and Great Wall of China, the Yehliu Geopark is visited by millions of visitors from around the world.


The journey to Yehiu from Taipei was a pleasant one. We stopped by the beach for But the experience at Yehliu itself was disappointing. I can tell you a lot of wonderful things about this place, but I also think that it a typical tourist that visiting it once is enough.


Selfie in the limo

My travel buddy Christine


The main attraction in Yehliu Geopark is its rock formation. The rocks were shaped and formed by wind and waves erosion and created a rock with unique shape.



I can't seem to figure out which part of these rocks look like ginger, but anyway....


The most popular shape is the Queen's Head. I only saw it from afar because the queue was super long. And I wasn't willing to line up in between irritating China tourists. Here's how it looks like from afar...



We were slammed with bad luck on that day because there were hundreds or maybe thousands of Chinese tourist in Yehliu.



When I did my research online, I thought this place is secluded and I didn't expect that many people around. Andrew (our tour guide) told us that the best time to visit Yehliu is during summer. There won't be that many people at that time.


Although I didn't get to go up close to the Queen's Head, I can see it everywhere.........



There is even a mini Queen's Head at the entrance....



Our tour guide with my grandpa


Yehliu is not exactly that elderly-friendly. There are a lot of uphills and downhills, it's quite hard to walk around even with my flats. If you're going, make sure you wear proper walking shoes. Unless you're some China lady........


I wonder how they walk with those heels

I found a rock formation which is yet to be named.... I'm going to name it the whale's tail!!!!



And there's also some fossil that we spotted. This is actually sea urchin's fossil. Surprisingly, it looks like a flower. I thought it was a starfish fossil...


How many years it took for the fossil to get to that shape???



One rule you have to remember while visiting Yehliu.... In case of tsunami, do not play kejar-kejar, instead....

Share:

0 comments